Thursday, February 26, 2015

Meet Hob


Hob Goblin Wilson is a special treat just for me!  I had a few dollars to spend on myself and I knew exactly what I wanted... an April Draven (Folts) pattern!

I love her patterns and have made many of her free patterns available on her blog so I wanted to show a little love for her work and buy her Goblin pattern .  

I made a few changes as I tend to do...
I didn't add the toe curls; after making them and slipping them on my husband said he preferred him without them.  I added pvc pellets in a nylon (cheap 'egg' knee highs work great and you can usually tie and cut for multiple projects) with a total weight of 47 grams per nylon, I then used some patience and tucked those pellets firmly into Hob's feet so he could stand unassisted. I usually use the cheapest acrylic yarn but I had some nice yarn left over from a hat I made for my husband and the colors looked perfect for Hob.  I added a wooden dowel in his neck to be sure we never have a slumping Hob.   The hands in the pattern wouldn't suit my needs so I used the hand pattern I made for my Frog Brothers and added a finger.  Then to test my limits I wired the hands and arms...he can now "grasp" things :)

I think that is all I changed. And now I will explain why..

Hob is a Goblin.  He is now H.G. Wilson

My husband and I love photography.  Especially nature and wildlife, a great way to let go.  We spend many hours in our beautiful Florida State Parks and I sometimes wish I would see a magical little creature because when you are deep in nature it feels magical.

Sooo while out about a week ago I told my husband of this great plan:

Bring a goblin to the parks and document his adventures...to my surprise he was just as excited as me!

So Hob will be coming along with us now!  I will be using #AdventuresofHob on Instagram and facebook :)
Hob loves shiny things...weakness of the goblins ;)

Side view with his satchel

Back view

top of head


I hope we have many adventures together!


By the way...He reminds me of a combination of Marty Feldman and Hoggle (Labyrinth)

1 comment: