Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Beginner Treasure Bags

Tomorrow is the very first meeting of a crochet group I started locally called Hooked on Crochet.  A lot of people that plan to attend are absolute beginners and I needed a pattern that I felt anyone could do on their first day of crochet.

My daughter reminded me of the treasure bags I used to make for her and her friends growing up and I think she picked the right project!

 Beginner Treasure Bag



Materials:
small amt of yarn in color choice
Hook necessary for yarn
yarn needle to weave in ends

Abbreviations:
ch: chain
sl st: slip stitch
sk: skip
sc: single crochet
f.o. : finish off


Notes: worked in the round without connecting.  Be sure to use a scrap piece of yarn or stitch markers to keep track of your rounds.  If you want a longer bag: continue working sc rounds until desired length obtained :)


Directions:

1: ch 2, in 2nd ch from hook sc6 (6)
2: 2sc (12)
3: 2sc, sc (18)
4: 2sc, sc2 (24)
5-12: sc (24)
13: sc, ch1, sk 1 st around, join with a sl st to top of first sc. f.o. weave in ends.

Ties:

ch approx 50 (8-10") f.o. weave chain in and out of ch spaces on treasure bag and enjoy!


If you want to share any of your projects from my patterns I would love to see them!  If you want to brag to everyone please post on my Facebook page!


**This is an original pattern by Anna Wilson, please do not duplicate or distribute in any form.  Anything you make from this pattern is yours to do with as you like :)  Please refer any friends to my blog for this and other free patterns :)




                                *******UPDATE*******
Jasmine and Debby proudly showing off their Beginner Treasure Bags!
First day of crochet success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment