Monday, May 2, 2016

My Nana

May 2, 2016 would be my Nana's 101st birthday!

My Nana came to America in 1927 on a boat, leaving Germany behind. Our family made it all the way to California and set down roots. (My mom and I were both born in California.)
 In the 1970's our family moved to the Pacific Northwest. (where most of my young childhood memories come from!)
I used to spend school breaks with my Nana at her home in Bonney Lake, Washington where she would teach me crochet and knitting while she watched her soap operas.  She had yarn going through her fingers in almost every memory I have of her.
I'm grateful for the wonderful gift she gave me, my mom, & my sister ♡

My Nana is my great-grandma, I was named after my Oma (great-great-grandma) Anna, so I decided to give my first daughter her great-great-grandma's  name...Nana's name was Erna...I called and told her I was pregnant and I wondered what she thought of my daughter having her name..or hopefully middle name. Nana told me I "better not name her Erna, that's an old name!" So I asked her middle name and how she spelled it, "Emilie".

I just wanted to share my Nana with you since all my crochet is in thanks to her ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment