Monday, August 8, 2016

Amazing Crochet Bowl - crochet pattern

I've seen a few bowls people have crocheted and I wanted to give it a try myself!
After some brainstorming with my marmie I think I've come up with a decent design :)




 You need an intermediate level of crochet experience or a very ambitious beginner :) you will be working in continuous rounds over clothesline to give some stiffness and form to your bowl.  I find it best to mark my rounds with a scrap of yarn to keep track of the rounds.


All supplies except needle

Materials

* Ww yarn of your choice (I used Caron Simply Soft Stripes "the Keys" color and "pink camo" is also pictured)
* H Hook
* clothesline (mine is from Walmart for $1.97 and is acrylic/nylon)
* lighter- I used to keep the end of the clothesline from fraying
* Scissors- must be able to cut clothesline
* needle for weaving ends


Abbreviations

* Mr: magic ring
* ch : chain
* sl st : slip stitch
* beg : beginning
* sc : single crochet
* y.o. : yarn over
* f.o. : finish off

Notes


All terms American.   If pattern reads "sc, sc2tog, 2sc" it would be read as, " single crochet, single crochet 2 stitches together, 2 single crochet in the next stitch", directions are to be repeated to end of row/round unless otherwise noted.  As with any pattern, be sure to read through once before beginning, and don't forget to mark your rounds! (I use a bit of contrasting yarn) This is an original design by me, Anna Wilson 2016.



You may do whatever you like with your completed Amazing Crochet Bowl, you can sell them, use them for Pocket change and keys or even give it as a gift!  I only ask that you please not claim this pattern as your own, I worked hard to design my Amazing Crochet Bowl:)


Directions:

*Guage isn't too important, but tension is. Be sure to crochet snug so the bowl holds it shape.

1: Mr 10sc (10)

2: begin to crochet over clothesline and continue through all rounds - 2sc (20)

Pull clothesline as close as you can to 1st sc of round without pulling it out 
3: * sc, 2sc* (30)

4: *sc2, 2sc* (40)

5: *sc3, 2sc* (50)

6: sc (50)

7: *sc9, 2sc* (55) 

* the 2 sc at beginning of each round are just to stagger the increases-don't sweat it!*

8: sc2, place marker after sc2 then: *sc10, 2sc* (60)

9: sc2, place marker after sc2 then: *sc11, 2sc* (65)

10: sc2, place marker after sc2 then: *sc12, 2sc* (70)

11: sc2, place marker after sc2 then: *sc13, 2sc* (75)

12: sc (75)

13: sc (75) sl st to next st. If you need to hide the end of the clothesline use the tail of yarn and whip stitch to cover it. I used a lighter to keep ends of clothesline from fraying.  ***Ask your parents for help with lighter if you are under age 18, accidents happen to the best of us! ***


Finishing:

This pattern should easily translate to larger or smaller bowls if you so desire! Weave in ends and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment