Monday, May 25, 2015

Rockstar Mic - Free Crochet Pattern

My granddaughter Anna, a.k.a Noo Noo, came by and we had a sleepover last night.  We watched our usual favorite movies/tv on Netflix/Vudu,  Courage the Cowardly Dog, Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost etc.
Well for those who don't know, Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost has The Hex Girls (Eco-Goth girl band) and Anna is a huge fan!  She NEEDED a microphone.  "Really Yaya, I NEED one.  Will you make me one?" she asked in her sweet little Noo Noo way...how could I say no?  I love make believe and exploring with our imaginations!

Anna picked Grape Fizz (Red Heart Super Saver) for the microphone, "and a black singing part"
I used a sport weight white yarn to stitch her name and a couple stars

Materials

small amount of  yarn (size 4) of your choice in black and main color.  I used Red Heart Super Saver, cheap and durable with lots of color choices!

stuffing (fiberfill)

G hook (whatever you need to make a tight enough fabric that stuffing won't show, stuffed hard)

blunt needle (yarn needle) to weave in ends securely

Abbreviations

mr: magic ring

sl st : slip stitch

sc : single crochet

sc2tog ; decrease- single crochet 2 stitches together (I use invisible decrease- flo (front loop only) to perform st)

Note

All terms American.  If pattern reads: "sc2, sc2tog, 2sc", it would be read: "single crochet in next two stitches, single crochet 2 stitches together (decrease), 2 single crochet in the next stitch". repeat between **  Be sure to read through any pattern before beginning.  You may do whatever you like with your completed microphone, lip sync with your favorite music, impress your friends with your awesome vocal stylings, give it to your favorite little person, make a couple and sing along to the Hex Girls, or even sell them!  I do ask that you do not represent my pattern as your own, reproduce or distribute my pattern in any fashion; sharing a link to my blog is appreciated!   :)  If you have any questions please message me , I would be happy to help you!



Directions


with black (or "singing part" color of your choice)

1: mr 6sc (6)

2: 2sc (12)

3: sc, 2sc (18)

4-5: sc (18)

6: sc, sc2tog (12)

7: sc  (12)

8: sc, sc2tog (8)

9: sc (change to main color in last st)  stuff tight;y to maintain shape

10-29- sc (8) stuff tightly to maintain shape

30: *sc, sc2tog* twice, sc2 (6)

31: sc (6)

32: sc, sc2tog (4) f.o.  stuff to the end. weave in ends and secure.

Optional:  you can stitch designs on your microphone or use as is!  Share your creations on MMC Facebook page !
My little Rockstar

Anna's favorite is Thorn, she calls me Sister Luna and I am to call her Sister Thorn when she is in Hex Girl mode :)
She has a Lost Souls Skull Shawl in a deep red by Caron Simply Soft that she dances in too <3
Lost Souls Skull Shawl

No comments:

Post a Comment