Monday, July 24, 2017

Pacific Waves Convertible Hat/neck gaiter **free crochet pattern



I love visiting my mom on the Oregon Coast, I find so much inspiration here that I wanted to share some with you!

I grew up on the west coast and I miss it so much when I'm home that I try to create patterns to remind me of my happy place 😉

Because we are rural, I ordered some yarn from Joann's - Sweet Roll in Frosty Swirl find it HERE.  The color reminds me of the waves ♡

The Pacific Waves Convertible Hat is more than what it seems at first glance...
a hat, a bun/ponytail hat, or a neck gaiter!





Materials

H hook

Worsted weight yarn

Scissors

Needle to weave in ends

Beads (optional)




Abbreviations: 

Mr: magic ring

Ch: chain

Sl st: slip stitch 

Sk: skip

Fpdc: crochet a DC around the front post of st

Bpdc: crochet a DC around the back post of a st

Sc chain less foundation: Foundation single crochet <great tutorial

Sc: single crochet 

Hdc: half double crochet

Dc: double crochet 

Tr: treble crochet

F.o. : fasten off



Notes

All terms American.   If pattern reads "sc, sc2tog, 2sc" it would be read as, " single crochet, single crochet 2 stitches together, 2 single crochet in the next stitch", directions are to be repeated to end of row/round unless otherwise noted.  As with any pattern, be sure to read through once before beginning, and don't forget to mark your rounds! (I use a bit of contrasting yarn) This is an original design by me, Anna Wilson 2017.




You may do whatever you like with your completed Pacific Waves Convertible hat, you can pull your ponytail through, donate them, sell them, fundraise with them or even give them as a gift!  I only ask that you please not claim this pattern as your own, I worked hard to design my Pacific Waves Convertible Hat :)



Directions


Sc chain less foundation 70 join

1- fpdc, bpdc (70) join ch1

2-  sc, *hdc2, dc2, tr3, dc2, hdc2, sc 3* end w/ sc2 (70) join ch1

3-  SC  (70) join ch2

4- tr *dc2, hdc2, sc3, hdc2, dc2, tr3* end w/ tr2 (70) join ch1

5- sc  (70) join ch1

6-22 - Rpt 2-5 x4

* if you do not think this is long enough repeat 2-5 until you are happy with length

23- sc, *hdc2, dc2, tr3, dc2, hdc2, sc3* end w/ sc2 (70) join ch1

24- sc (70) join ch1

25- *hdc, ch1 sk 1 st* join and weave in ends



Tie

Ch 100

Weave through ch spaces of last hat rnd. Add beads or pom poms or whatever you feel like!

No comments:

Post a Comment